Positive Women’s Network – USA is turning SIX on June 17! Can you believe it?
For our birthday, Elton John AIDS Foundation gave us a challenge grant of $10,000 — meaning EJAF will double every dollar we raise up to our first $10,000! Can you help us make this match?
So much has happened over the past six years. Here are just a few of the highlights.
- Built a national network of more than 3,000 women living with HIV and allies
- Developed a six-part human rights and social justice-driven policy agenda
- Created an organization led entirely by women living with HIV, including a Board of Directors who are 100% women living with HIV, inclusive of transgender women, and a staff who are 100% women of color and 80% women living with HIV
- Served as one of two Community Partners for the 2012 International AIDS Conference, which returned to the US after a 22-year absence
Trained hundreds of women living with HIV as speakers, writers, community organizers, and leaders on critical policy and advocacy issues
- Developed and released a Gender Monitoring Toolkit for the first-ever US National HIV/AIDS Strategy
- Helped to secure leadership from the White House on the intersections between violence, trauma and HIV for women
- Been published in a peer-reviewed journal(Women’s Health Issues, Spring 2014)
- Challenged stigmatizing portrayals of HIV in the media
- Released the first ever comprehensive report on the state of sexual and reproductive health and rights for women living with HIV in the US — including a policy scan, a review of the literature, and results from a survey of 179 women living with HIV — researched, written and produced entirely by women living with HIV
- Formally affiliated six regional chapters which are organizing and advocating at a state and local level.
This year, to commemorate our sixth birthday, PWN-USA will do what we do best: expand the circle of leadership among women living with HIV. In September, we’ll bring together 200 women with HIV at SPEAK UP! A National Leadership Summit for Women Living with HIV to build critical consciousness and concrete leadership skills, and strategize to take action on timely policy issues, from the biomedical prevention research pipeline to expanding employment opportunities for people living with HIV. Will you donate today to support our Summit? Every dollar you donate will be doubled!
Help us raise $10,000 in individual donations by our birthday, June 17th, to support PWN-USA’s efforts to build a sustainable and diverse leadership pipeline of women living with HIV. Contribute today, and your donation will be doubled!
To donate online, click here, select the amount you want to donate, and then select “Support for National Summit” from the drop-down menu.
To donate by check, make checks payable to Movement Strategy Center, memo line: Positive Women’s Network – USA, and mail to:
365 Hanover Ave, #202, Oakland CA 94606
We also have sponsorship opportunities for organizations who want to support the Summit. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, click here or email PWN-USA’s Executive Director Naina Khanna for details.
Thanks so much for your generous support of women leaders!
With love, sisterhood, solidarity and appreciation,
Positive Women’s Network – USA